Friday 8 June 2012

White(ish) Pizza

I had a craving for pizza the other day, but I decided to forgo our regular toppings (red sauce, onions, peppers, olives, pineapple, smoked tofu) and make what is known as a “white pizza”


Use whatever crust you like. I make my own GF one that is quite hardy and whole grain. It is really good and wholemeal-y but not as doughy as a white bread crust would be. Do what you like. Use a store bought crust to make it go quicker. Whatever. But follow the directions for baking it on the label. Because I make my crust from scratch it has to bake 15 minutes on its own before you add the toppings so while you are making the crust and baking it, slow cook a thinly sliced white onion and for the last few minutes add some thinly sliced mushrooms to the pan to wilt them. Set aside. Then when the crust is half baked and take it out and do this:

 1. Spread hummus where the red sauce would be

2. Add your previously caramelised white onion and mushroom

3. Add leftover cooked new potatoes, thinly sliced

Then bake for about 10 minutes, remove from oven and add some diced smoked tofu and lots of vegan parmesan cheese then bake for 5 more minutes. I do this because the tofu can burn.

 That’s it. Easy peasy and a new take on pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment